Monday, October 13, 2008

I can see clearly now..

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves." I used to have an understanding that wisdom is gained when you start to realize how little you really know.. somewhere along my path I forgot that a little. But I think I'm remembering life's answers...
Leaving my comfort zone was a jump. Coming to Cali was a kick.

--But a sweet one!
Something inside of me understood that to continue to grow and gain the wisdom I want out of this life I need to leave my comfort zone yet again, this time a bit bigger. Ive come here searching for something... an amazing life surrounded by music. I had this back in SL, but I want it bigger. By the time I'm done with a musical engineering degree I will have befriended ten times the amount of bands, venue owners, and promoters that I did in a short couple yr period in SLC.
I feel amazing most of the time but very nostalgic. Maybe its the thought of my parents tearing up when I left or the lack of multiple friends and an amazing local music scene in SLC(which is ultra tight and has a great rep also) to go see.... no sweat, all in time.
For now, I do get a treat this weekend when SLCs 'I am the Ocean' rolls threw Santa Cruz.
--And I did leave SLC on a wicked note, throwing myself a big going away party and having one of the best local talents, 'LOOM' play a set. YEAH!
---As for now the peaceful, happiness out weighs anything else..
LOOM is here: myspace.com/loom801
IATO is here: myspace.com/iamtheocean
I am here: myspace.com/jekyl
~ Namaste

No comments: